Hilarious when LTTE fronts are issuing statements on anti-Muslim attacks in Sri Lanka
The clean hands doctrine means that anyone with soiled hands is not morally capable of preaching. LTTE drove Sinhalese & Muslims from their homes in the North and it is only thereafter that LTTE claimed the North to be the sole homeland of the Tamil people. The world has conveniently forgotten this horrid past but Muslims many who still remain in refugee camps will recall their tragedy at the hands of LTTE. It is hilarious that the LTTE fronts that supported LTTE through the years raising funds, holding pro-LTTE events abroad and providing arms & ammunition for LTTE cadres to kill are now issuing statements. “The principle of Nemo judex in causa sua must apply. No one can be the judge of their own case. There cannot be selective justice.
Global Tamil Forum calls for stern action against those responsible for perpetrating anti-Muslim violence in Sri Lanka
For those with dementia of LTTE crimes upon innocent unarmed Sinhalese & Muslims let us bring out some examples to remind the world once again.
The LTTE fronts are asking the world now to take action against Sri Lanka. This is really funny given LTTE track record of brutality upon innocent unarmed Sinhala & Muslim civilians. Just take a look at these images of what LTTE did to Muslims in 1990
Muslims chased out of their homes in Jaffna by LTTE – www.youtube.com
President of the Northern Muslims’ Rights Organisation Dr. S.H. Hasbullah addressing a public meeting held sometime back at the Colombo Public Library Auditorium said “Muslims of the North got on very well with the Tamils there. Most Muslims spoke Tamil. There was no quarrel or trouble of any kind between the two communities. However one-day (22.10.90) the most cruel blow was dealt on the Muslims in the North, by the LTTE.
“Quite unexpectedly, the LTTE announced over the loudspeakers in the streets and villages of Muslim settlements in the Northern Province that Muslims must leave their homes, villages and towns leaving all their valuables and money behind or face death. While Muslims of all areas of the North were given 48 hours to leave, from 7 am on October 22, 1990, the Muslims of the Jaffna town were given only two hours to quit. Muslim mothers with small children and infants pleaded with the LTTE cadres to allow them time till the heavy rains stopped. The reply of the LTTE cadres was the point of the gun and shouting “move on”,” Dr. Hasbullah said.
” Ethnic cleansing of the Muslims by the Tamil terrorists was completed as far back as 1990 in the North. The Muslims were driven away from the five districts of the North where there were 75 per cent distinct Muslim settlements comprising 5 per cent of the population there. While there were in this region 48 government Muslim majority schools, there were also over 100 Mosques, majority of the which had been destroyed by the Tamil terrorists.
The ethnic cleansing of the Muslims in the five districts of Jaffna, Kilinochchi, Mullaithivu, Mannar and Vauniya was carried out in one day (on 22nd October 1990). www.lankaweb.com
August 1990 – Kattankudy massacre (4 mosques attacked by LTTE) www.youtube.com
More than 174 Muslims including over 25 children in prayer were slaughtered by LTTE
Here, Seyed Sherifdeen writes an account of how LTTE killed his father, 10 year old brother and many relatives. www.thesundayleader.lk
Just as Sinhalese cannot count the many villages LTTE attacked, Muslims cannot either.
- 30 May 1990 – Mahindapura/Dehiwatte village, Trincomalee
- 24 July 1990 – Aralaganvila village, Ampara
- 30 July 1990 – 14 Muslim farmers returning home from their paddy fields killed in Akkaraipattu, Ampara. LTTE distributed quit notes to Muslims living in Ampara and Batticoloa to leave their villages before 10th August 1990 or face death.
- 30 July 1990 – Kovilladi village,
- 5 August 1990 – LTTE attack Muslim villagers working in paddy fields in Mulliyankadu village,
- 6 August 1990 – Ampara, LTTE attack villagers working on paddy field and mutilated 34 Muslims
- 11 August 1990 – Eravur, over 200 LTTE cadres with clubs, machetes, swords and firearms enter Saddam Hussein village, Ponnaikadu, and Klawaichchannai villages in Eravur and butcher 173 Muslims most of whom were women and children. In some cases entire family were wiped out leaving none to even carry out funeral rites. Eviction orders by LTTE was extended to 20th August or face death.
- 12 August 1990 – Weeracholai village, Ampara, LTTE torture to death 4 Muslims working in their paddy fields
- 13 August 1990 – Muttur fishing village, LTTE abduct 6 Muslim fishermen and hack them to death
- From July to August 1990 – LTTE slaughtered over 650 Muslims in an ethnic cleansing campaign triggering a mass exodus of Muslims.
- 13 August 1990 – Avaranthalawa village, Vavuniya – LTTE storm village killing 10 civilians including women and children.
- 9 September 1990 – Uhana, Ampara- LTTE attack a tractor carrying Muslim farmers killing 7
- 13 September 1990 – LTTE abduct 7 Muslim farmers in Ponnai South, Anuradhapura and torture them to death.
- 11 October 1990 – Arugambay Muslim village attacked by LTTE killing 9 Muslims mostly women who were collecting firewood
- 29 October 1990 – LTTE torture 3 Muslims in Olukulam village, Batticoloa.
- 19 September 1990 – LTTE attack Muslim village in Palligodella, killing 13 Muslims.
- 22 October 1990 – LTTE go from house to house to loot from homes before evicting Muslims from the North.
- 24 March 1991 – LTTE bomb Akkaraipattu fish market killing 9 Muslims and injuring over 20
- 6 July 1991 – Muslim villagers attacked with knives and swords in Puther, Polonnaruwa killing 18.
- 29 April 1992 – 56 Muslims killed by LTTE in Muslim village of Alinchipotana, Polonnaruwa
- 15 July 1992 – Kiranlulama, Batticoloa, a bus load of Muslims travelling fom Kattankudy attacked by LTTE killing 19 Muslims. Muslim train passengers ordered to get off Batticoloa bound train at Parangiyamadu
- 1 September 1992 – Saindamadu market, Kalmunai, 22 Muslims killed by LTTE bomg
- 15 Oct 1992 – Muslim train passengers were ordered by the terrorist to get off the Batticaloa bound train at Parangiyamadu and the 11 Muslims who got down were gunned and killed
- 15 October 1992 – 5 Muslim villages in – Palligodella, Ahamadpura, Agbopura, Pamnurana, Polonnaruwa attacked killing 171 Muslims
- Nearly 100,000 Muslims were evicted forcibly by the LTTE from the 5 Northern districts in October 1990 – Muslims of the Jaffna town were given only two hours to quit their homes.
Inspite of all these killings the leader of the Muslim Congress Hakeem has no qualms about shaking hands with the man who ordered the death of Muslims
However, the entire world focus is only on Tamils completely ignoring that Sinhaelse & Muslims too suffered. But the world dishes out NO post-conflict development beneficiaries to Sinhalese or Muslims. It is ONLY to Tamils. How fair is this?
Sinhalese & Muslims were the FIRST victims. LTTE fired the FIRST shots. These shots were aimed at Sinhalese & Muslims who were virtually ethnically cleansed from their homes in the North and given only a few hours to vacate. Who confiscated their belonging and took their homes and lands? Why have these lands and property not been returned to the rightful owners?
Census statistics will confirm that thousands of Sinhalese & Muslims were living in the North well before 1948. Where are they now? What happened to them? Why are they not been allowed to return to their homes? Some of these Sinhalese & Muslims are still languishing in makeshift homes as refugees since 1980s.Where are those human rights pundits and UN officials. Have they not visited them and looked into their grievances or are these cases not high profile enough?
How dare these LTTE fronts now, behaving as mother superiors dictate what foreign governments should do to a sovereign nation when none of these fronts though declared proscribed under UNSC Resolution 1373 have yet to be investigated and cleared for them to have any right to dictate terms.
Shenali D Waduge 274 Viewers